Wednesday, May 21, 2014

True Life: I'm Addicted to Enza







Happy Hump Day!

We are talking some serious skin care today.  Because let's be honest, it's so important to take care of your skin.  Unfortunately I didn't feel this way for the two decades I spent worshiping the sun sans-sunscreen and now I'm trying to make up for it.  Good thing I have Enza in my corner...

When I first heard about Enza I was suuuper nervous to try another skincare system.  As someone who struggled with problem skin later in life, I have become very skeptical of some of the trendy products and of trying new things.  If you have ever suffered from acne or super oily skin you know that once you find something that works for you, you buy it in bulk and pray it's never discontinued.  I actually never had acne in high-school.  My braces were off by 9th grade, I finally agreed to cut my stringy hair, and I wasn't on team teenage breakout.  Life was good.  And then sometime Sophomore year of college, my face decided to break loose and let live.  Full blown acne in college.  Sweet.  I was embarrassed and stubborn and tried just about every drugstore acne solution made.  Proactiv worked for about a month.... just long enough to stain every towel and pillowcase I owned (thank you benzoyl peroxide...

 While my skin was much MUCH better than senior year in terms of acne, I could still tell it wasn't completely healthy.  I had been using the Clinique Acne Solutions 3-step for two years and was becoming decreasingly less satisfied with my skin.  I had actually been to my Clinique counter the week before I started Enza to find something extra for moisture.  I think the two years of using the 3-step had robbed my skin of it's moisture and "plumpness."  I actually joked with the hubby that if my forehead expression lines didn't go somewhere soon I was asking Santa for botox....ok, so I wasn't joking...  

Well, after a month of using Enza I am happy to report that I will remain botox-free.  I cannot tell you enough how much I love this skincare line.  After several emails about my past and present skin issues & concerns, a custom setup of the Extraction system was created just for me.  The Enza extraction system is developed for oily acne-prone skin.  The ingredients go back to the basics with enzymes derived from fruits, herbs and plants, and the smells are intoxicating.

Honestly, I could see the difference within the first week of using Enza.  When I first started using the system, my skin was absorbing the Hydra Gel & Extraction creme before I could even get it rubbed on.  I was worried that I would be going through a bottle a week of each and if you haven't check by now, the price tag isn't cheap.  However, just after one week of daily use my skin was requiring so much less product to stay hydrated.  It was obviously so severely dehydrated and needed a little time to catch-up.  It makes me furious that before Enza I was spending a good bit of change monthly on a well-known skincare line that was actually hurting my skin.  

After a month of using Enza, I can see a balance in my skin.  My oil production level has dropped and is back to normal (seriously you guys, I could wipe puddles of oil off my face before..)  my fine lines and pores have shrunken, and my forehead expression lines have calmed right down.  My skin feels plumper and more youthful, and although my oil level is down, my skin still feels dewy and fresh.  The picture above is completely unedited and my skin is as bare as my fingernails in the other pic - yikes!

Thank you for sticking with my through this long post.  And as a reward for being amazing blogging friends, Enza is offering 40% OFF your ENTIRE PURCHASE with code MODAANDTHEMAR -good through June 5th..  I promise I would not have spent an hour detailing my personal battle with bad skin if I did not believe in this product.  I am now an Enza girl for life.  


Follow on Bloglovin

linking up with: Shanna // Lindsey // Alison

5 comments:

  1. I too struggle with oily skin and am prone to breakouts! I've tried everything under the sun as well.. maybe I will have to check Enza out! Great post Maggie!

    Have a great day!

    Erica
    Casually Styled

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this stuff sounds amazing! I have very oily skin and break out as well and I still haven't found anything that really works, even proactive. I have the most stubborn skin ever! Might have to look in to this! Great review!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeatsoles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always had such a hard time finding a great skincare system that works for me long term! I'll have to look into this, I have not heard of Enza!


    Xo,L
    www.simplylowcountry.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! I am always looking to try new skin products!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had horrible acne when I was young. It robbed me of my perfect skin at a young age because it caused a lot of scarring. I'm always on the lookout for products that can help with discoloration and scarring. I'm also getting older, so I need to be more wary of how to take care of my skin better. I'll definitely look into this product.
    Bright and Shiny

    ReplyDelete