Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Geek Chic















Happy Hump Day!

I feel like I don't show you enough of what I wear on a daily basis.  And by that I mean work wear.  Don't get me wrong - everything I share with you is an outfit I have worn or that I am saving to wear in the near future.  It's just that from 9 to 5, Monday to Friday, I am in some sort of business attire.  I definitely like to push the boundaries of the typical office enem.  And many of those looks are on the blog.  My Instagram #ootd pics prove that I don't just wear a black pencil skirt everyday.  But part of the reason I started blogging was to chronicle those outfits that sadly only get worn to the grocery store, on the weekends, or for special occasions.  Because I know if anyone would appreciate them it would be you guys. 

Today's look is one of those interesting work outfits.  While this navy shift dress is totally office appro, the embellishment makes it unique and fun.  I added my metallic heels to highlight the metal embellishments, and layered a white button-up underneath to satisfy the weather and my pale arms.  And what office look would be complete without my chic geek opticals!  

Ok- story time... I used to have perfect vision.  I'm talking eagle eye vision.  But sometime after my 25th birthday, I started catching myself squinting at the television.  Not one to ever admit something is wrong, I just Web-MD'd my symptoms and secretly convinced myself I had a brain tumor, glaucoma and rapid-onset diabetes.  Of course losing sleep over these ailments was a much more rational choice than going to the eye doctor.  Cut to December that same year,  I was driving after work with Matt in the car.  We came to a stoplight and I could not make out the green left-turn arrow in the stoplight.  I knew it was there from memory/habit, but I could not see it.  A hysterical meltdown ensued and ended with me at the eye doctor the very next week.  I do not have a brain tumor, glaucoma or diabetes, but I do have a steadily increasing eyeglass prescription. ...but, of course I don't have contacts yet because that is truly admitted I have a vision problem.   

I have slowly tried to accept my failing eyes with fun eyewear options.  If they are going to be a requirement to see and drive, they at least have to be fashionable.  Thank goodness my friends at Kenmark Optical are prepared for such geek chic emergencies.  They carry the latest and greatest designer frames to make sure you look smart and trendy!  Check the site to find a retailer near you and get to updating your work accessories! 

Shewl, today was a doozy!  Thanks for sticking it out!  Linkups below. 

Follow on Bloglovin

Linking Up With:  Shanna // Lindsey // Jessica // Alison

5 comments:

  1. I am loving this geek chic look!! Glasses look great on you! I have been wearing contacts since I was in 5th grade.. lets just say I'm practically blind at this point lol. Glad you got your eyes checked though, nothing is worse then self diagnosing yourself haha!

    Hope you have a great day!

    xo, Erica
    www.casuallystyled.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking 'pinafore'! I have been wearing glasses since collage. Everybody in my family wears glasses and now even my boys! I hate contacts and only wear them if I have to attend some parties. I have like permanent dents on the bridge of my nose due to wearing glasses.. actually considering about going for lasik..

    MJOAT
    Dubai, UAE
    www.mjoat.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are precious!!! This dress is so fun and so different!! I have had horrible eye sight since I was in 5th grade! I am blind as a bat without my contacts, but it's time to upgrade my glasses!! Love these on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress looks great layered! Super cute!
    I can't see worth a crap... oh well, thank heavens for cute glasses!
    Found you via Random Wednesday's! LMK if you want to follow each other!
    Carolyn
    http://www.ccmcafeeperspective.com/

    ReplyDelete