Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Neutral Ground








 
 
Happy New Years, friends!
 
I had such a fabulous time last night ringing in the new year with the hubby and friends.  The night was truly magical, ending with fireworks over the water as we sipped a little bubbly. 
 
As a 9-5 gal in the corporate world I wear a lot of pencil skirts.  A lot.  One way I have found to blur the lines of the business dress code are knit skirts.  In a neutral, darker shade such as this grey one, they still look professional but offer a little variety and tons of comfort.  I am really loving this mid-length right now as well.  It gives a fresh silhouette to a typical garment. 
 
I have to brag on the husband today.  This gorgeous cognac satchel is actually my new Christmas camera bag that he picked out all by himself.  I am beyond obsessed with it.  It is padded and sectioned off on the inside to fit a DSLR and two lenses, and has a separate cross-body strap for convenience.  The shape and color leather are so timeless and gorgeous.  I know I will treasure this piece for years to come - and it will probably serve as a handbag from time to time just so I can show it off more.
 
I also wanted to tell you about my new arm candy - this gorgeous handmade bracelet from Mae Movement.  This particular bracelet is from their new collection, The Mae-jor Age inspired by the Gatsby era.  What is even more amazing than the unique bracelets is the purpose driving the company.  Each piece is made by woman in Nepal whose area is high-risk for Human Trafficking.  Every time you purchase one of the beautiful bracelets, you are providing these women with a sustainable income and life, and the tools to escape poverty and enslavement.  Make sure to checkout Mae Movement on Facebook , Twitter , and Instagram and become part of the movement.  What could be better than buying new jewels while empowering women.
 
Thanks for reading!  Here's to an exciting year with Moda & the Mar! 

Follow on Bloglovin
 
Linking Up With: Lindsey
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment